As you have gathered from the title, today we are going to be talking about my first Makeup Geek Eyeshadow palette. Makeup Geek is a brand that has intrigued me for years, but for some reason I haven’t really taken the plunge to test them out. I think it’s because it is so much easier to buy a ready-made palette from other brands, and I knew if I was going to buy anything from Makeup Geek, it had to be a custom made palette. Today I am going to introduce to you my first palette and share my thoughts on acquiring products that I have wanted to try for years.
I’ve always heard good things about Makeup Geek shadows, they really made some waves a few years back by sending PR packages of their products, and I think that’s what really piqued my interest. I wanted to have my own Makeup Geek palette as I saw that they seemed to perform really well on various YouTube channel. A few years later, here we are. Makeup Geek is now really easy to get hold of in the UK. Back when I first spotted them, they were only available on their own website, and I really didn’t fancy paying shipping fees and taxes. Now, you can pick them up at Beauty Bay. I picked my shadows up in the Black Friday sale so I got a little discount too. I’m keeping an eye out for the next Beauty Bay sale so I can stock up on more shades. So let’s talk about the shades I picked up.
I picked up are:
- Vanilla Bean
- Peach Smoothie
- Creme Brulee
- I’m Peachless (Duo Chrome)
- Petal Pusher
- Magic Act (Foiled)
- Cocoa Bear
From Left to Right: Bitten, Petal Pusher, I’m Peachless, Creme Brulee, Peach Smoothie & Vanilla Bean
From Left to Right: Cosmopolitan, Cocoa Bear, Pretentious, Mocha, Magic Act
Makeup Geek Corrupt
I had a spare large Z palette that I picked up years ago at an IMATS event, so I didn’t have to purchase a separate palette to store my shadows in. What I wanted to achieve with this palette was a palette I could turn to for everything. All in one travel palette basically, which would do the job for me for any event. I picked up brow highlight colours (Peach Smoothie and Vanilla Bean), crease shades (Latte, Mocha and Creme Brulee), a deep black (Corrupt), and a strong gold (Magic Act) for Asian events. Basically I got a mix of shadows that I knew would mean I wouldn’t have to dip into another palette. I think I am lacking a really good inner corner highlight so that’s on my wish list. I took this palette with me to Bangladesh, and honestly, that was such a good idea. I barely touched any other palette and even now that I have returned back to the UK, this is still the only palette I use.
I thought I would share my thoughts on the quality of these shadows. My thoughts are that they are so consistent, each shadow performs well and the blendability of these shadows is amazing. They make doing my eyes so much easier, and there is no worry about lack of pigmentation. The colour payoff is great and honestly I am really impressed. I will definitely be picking up more shadows from the brand so that I can have a full palette of Makeup Geek eye shadows.
My favourite shadows are:
- Peach Smoothie – this is the perfect under brow highlight and blending shade for my skin tone, this was raved about by many vloggers/bloggers and I can see why.
- I’m Peachless – this is a duo chrome shade, and I just love it. Don’t know what it is about this shade, but it is just beautiful on my skin tone. I apply with my finger, all over my lid and add a little Mocha in the crease for definition and I am done.
- Mocha – This shade is a beautiful brown, it’s one I turn to on a daily basis. I use it in my crease and it just blends beautifully. I could wear Peach Smoothie, I’m Peachless and Mocha every day and not get bored (I think).
- Cocoa Bear – This is a warm and rich brown, a shade that I have been using to deepen my crease and outer V. I love it, it adds drama to an eye look without over powering the eyes.
- Corrupt – A deep black is a necessity in every palette and this does the job well for me. I use black shadow as eyeliner so I needed something that would perform well and I am glad that this didn’t disappoint.
Okay, disclaimer alert. As I type this, I have ordered another 9 eyeshadows from Makeup Geek and it has just arrived today. There was a buy 2 get 1 free offer I just couldn’t say no to. To say I am excited to unbox would be an understatement. I think that says it all really, I loved the product so much that I had to purchase more. On the whole, I would recommend trying Makeup Geek Eyeshadows to everyone who likes makeup. You’ll love this. Now if you would like me to tell you what other shades I picked up, just let me know! Speak soon, Tanzina x