Good Morning guys, and Happy Mid February. It’s crazy how fast that came around, it feels like yesterday when I was seeing in the New Year. Since I openly shared my New Year’s resolutions, in the hope of being held accountable, I thought I would update you all with how I am getting along. This is going to be embarrassing, as honestly, January was one of the worst months I have had in a long while.
Let’s bring you up to speed, emotionally the month has been very up and down for me. There were some really nice highs, like my birthday and also my sister’s graduation, but there have been lows as well which have left me mentally drained. I don’t cope well with feeling low, my go to method of coping is crawling into bed and staying there for hours on end. As you can imagine that brings my productivity levels to a halt and I don’t get much done. And all that does is make me feel even lower and it’s a vicious cycle that is so hard to break. So now that February has peeped, I am starting to slowly rebuild myself up again, as I don’t want to let the year slip away without achieving my goals and targets. Talking about targets, let’s discuss my New Year’s resolutions and how I got on with them. You can read my original New Year’s Resolution post [here], I was feeling a lot more positive.
- Get Fit & Tone Up – Sigh, this hasn’t moved at all. I haven’t even visited the gym since I returned from Bangladesh. The first 2 weeks, I had a very irritated stomach which meant exercise was out the question. On a positive note, I did lose quite a bit of weight. I am hoping February is going to be the month I go to the gym, even if it is once or twice a week. I need to build my stamina back up.
- Fix Blog, Blog More and Upload More – Hmm, again another fail. I have upload just one blog post (check it out here) and no YouTube videos, I am working on content at the moment so hopefully I will change this. I have however worked on fixing my blog, and am in the middle of completing the fixes, so at least there has been progress in that front.
- Become a Positive Person – This definitely did not work during January, mentally my anxiety and stress levels really hindered that. I can’t wait to start feeling better and happier and becoming more positive, but I do also know myself and know that this isn’t something I can’t force. It needs to happen naturally so who knows, maybe my February update will be a little more positive. I am also planning on looking into reading positivity, self-growth books so if there are any great ones you’d recommend, please do let me know.
- Start Praying More – Okay, something I can say I am actually doing. As I’ve mentioned, mentally I haven’t been 100% and honestly I think praying has made me feel a lot better. I am still not as consistent as I would like to be, but I wasn’t expecting that straight away. I just know I am getting a lot more regular at praying, and if that is the only goal I tick off this year I won’t be too disappointed in myself. I know my parent’s would be the happiest parents in the world!
- Create a Home – This is a goal that I know needs to be parked till towards the end of 2018. However it doesn’t stop me from buying way too many home bits!
- Learn how to Wrap a Saree – No progress with this on either. I may go home today and just bring out a saree, blouse and petticoat from my wardrobe and leave it in plain sight so that I am more likely to practise.
- Wake Up Earlier – This is a new resolution which wasn’t a part of my original resolutions. I need to wake up earlier. I am most definitely not a morning person and I realise that is also something that works against me when it comes to being more productive. I sleep in quite late on weekends and also rush every weekday morning and I would like to change that. Hopefully it is something I am able to combat this year.
So those are my resolution updates, it’s definitely not where I thought I would be when I first wrote them out, but life always has its own plans for you no matter how well you plan out what you want to happen. I’m going to have to forgive myself and accept that health comes first. I’d be lying if I said I am okay to be in this position for our next update, so please keep your fingers crossed for me so that next month, I have more positivity to share. Speak soon, Tanzina x