Can you believe 2015 is on it’s way out? It feels like this year has flown by and I can’t actually believe that tomorrow is the beginning of a New Year. 2016, you better be my year. Today I have a New Years glam makeup look that I recently created. It is glam, sleek and clean with a little bit of glitter to get the party started.
Just to mark the end of 2015, I thought I would make the focus of this look my favourite beauty trend of 2015: highlight. I have picked up so many highlighters this year, so I had to make sure my look had my #HighlightOnFleek. I actually did quite a bit of contouring on this look too, as I wanted a flawless sculpted look. For my eyes I kept it quite neutral, as I have been with all my look all year, but I threw in a hint of sparkle just to make it party appropriate. I hope that you like this look!
Face Products Used:
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation: SB10
- bareMinerals bareSkin Foundation: Honey
- Artist of Makeup Contour Stick: Dark
- LA Girl Pro Concealer: Creamy Beige
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit: shades Banana, Fawn & Havana
- Tarte 12 Hour Clay Blush: Exposed
- Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector: Opal
For my lips I wanted a rich wine shade, and I had to actually custom make this shade as I don’t really have many wine shades in my collection. Something to remember for 2016! I create this shade by applying lip pencil first and then lipstick on top, and then lip liner again to deepen the shade again.
Lip Products Used:
For my eyes it would have been a crime not to use the shadows I’ve been using the most throughout this year which are of course the Anastasia shadows. I think I will tone down using them in 2016 as I pretty much rely on them for every single makeup look, and that is a bit boring. So beauty resolution no.1: try different eye shadow brands! But just for this last makeup look of the year post, I’m going to give the Anastasia shadows some lovin’. I also used really fine gold glitter for this makeup look to add some sparkle. The actual glitter I used is actually meant for your nails, but I found that it works fine on my eyelids, as long as it doesn’t get into my eyes obviously. Some people are more sensitive than others so use at your own risk!
Eye Products Used:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade: Medium Brown
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadows: Soft Peach, Morroco, Caramel, Fudge and Noir
- Urban Decay Shadow: Half Baked
- GOSH Nail Glitter in 02 Gold (seems to be discontinued but you can use any gold glitter)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Genius (as glitter glue)
- Collection Fast Stroke Liner: Black
- Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Pencil: Black
- L’oreal Volume Million Mascara
- DUO Lash Glue
- Eldora H160 Lashes
Hope you guys liked my New Years glam makeup look and that you find it useful. As this will be my last blog post before 2016, so I hope you have an amazing start to the year and next year is the year where dreams come true for you. Thank you so much for reading my blog, and keeping me motivated to keep on blogging. Love, Tanzina x