I’ll be the first to admit that sometimes I can be a little snobby and think that cheaper makeup products with not so luxe packaging aren’t that good in quality, but I know that is me being narrow minded and it couldn’t be further from the truth. The drugstore/high street makeup game has been raised so high nowadays, and good quality makeup is very easy to find in shops like Boots, Superdrug’s, clothes stores and even supermarkets! When Beautiful Bronze by Sunkissed sent me over some bits to try, I was a little sceptical, could a brand that is so affordable, create a good makeup look? I’m very pleased to report that yes it can.
The look I went for was a subtle rose toned look, with as many drugstore/high street products I could find in my makeup stash. I used a gorgeous pink copper shade on the eye, with a matte bronzer through the crease. I didn’t want to over complicate this look, and leave it quite simple and wearable. Here is a list of products I used on the eyes:
Eye Products Used:
- Beautiful Bronze Everyday Glamour Shadow Palette (shadows used shown in picture above) £3.00
- Sleek Eyebrow Stylist: Dark 718
- Collection Fast Eye Stroke Liner
- Zoeva Graphic Eyes Rock’n’Roll Bride Eyeliner Pencil
- Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Pencil
- L’Oreal Volume Million Mascara: Extra Black
- Eylure Vegas Nay Lashes: Easy Elegance
For the face makeup I wanted something flawless and glowy. I’ve been loving the Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit (which I reviewed here) so I wanted to incorporate it into this look as well. I did a tiny bit of sculpting as well using the Beautiful Bronze Quick Fix Concealer, which was tad bit too light for me but I made it work using a slightly warmer concealer.
Face & Lip Products Used:
- Beautiful Bronze Perfect Primer £3.00
- Illamasqua Skinbase Foundation: SB10 (I still haven’t found a high street foundation that matches me)
- Beautiful Bronze Intense Colour: Caffe Latte £2.00
- Beautiful Bronze Quick Fix Concealer: Nude £2.00
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer: Medium 3
- Beautiful Bronze Giant Bronzer (matte shade) £3.00
- Sleek Creme to Powder Blush: Carnation
- Sleek Highlighting Palette: Precious Metals
- Sleek Matte Me: Birthday Suit
I genuinely love how this look turned out, its simple and wearable and the warm tones on the eyes seem prefect for Autumn. I normally always ignore the makeup section at my local Primark, but next time I walk past I will be having a look. The prices of the products are so affordable, I had to highlight them out to you because I was shocked at how low they were. I am also loving the glow, which I created using the Sleek Precious Metals Highlighting Palette. I love a creamy highlighter and this one blends in perfectly.
I think I will put aside my snobbery and traipse down the high street makeup aisle a little more and try brands like Beautiful Bronze that I haven’t tried before. I did find this article: https://www.rankandstyle.com/top-10-list/best-drugstore-mascaras which I will have to look through to see if any catch my eye. I have actually never rifled through the makeup section at Primark, so I think next time I visit I will definitely see what other products catch my eye. I hope you liked my affordable makeup look, what I’d like to know is what drug store/high street brands do you think I should try?
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin!