As of late, I have become a neutral girl. I never saw it coming, but it was happened very slowly over the last few years. Previously I was all about the bright shades, you’d never me rocking something that didn’t come straight off the rainbow. Although I do prefer my neutral shades nowadays, I have been missing that injection of brightness so I decided to create a makeup look that was more on the colourful side. This is what I came up with.
The look came about after myself and Safiyah (Frootibeauty) decided to do a makeup collaboration for Instagram (find me under @Makeupatoz). We picked a colour theme and created a look incorporating the shade. The colour we picked was Turquoise/Teal which I was extremely excited about as it meant I was going to make use of one of my favourite pigments. I adore Sugarpill Chromalust Pigment in Darling, it’s such a beautiful iridescent aqua/teal shade and I love finding an excuse to whip it out. Although I played with the idea of create a dark smokey teal look I decided to be brave and embrace colour which resulted in the below look.
For the eye makeup I went for a Turquoise lid with a blue, purple and pink blend above the crease. I also placed a heavy line of electric blue on the bottom lash line just to inject a bit more boldness into the look. For the eye shadows, I used a couple of Urban Decay Vice palettes to pick out the shades I liked. I own three Vice palettes and I rarely make use of them so I decided I had to incorporate them into this look. Here are the products I used:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion: Eden
- Sugarpill Chromalust Pigment: Darling
- Urban Decay Vice (1) palette: Chaos (vivid blue)
- Urban Decay Vice (3) palette: Bondage, Alchemy, Alien and Truth
- Anastasia Eye Shadow: Fresh
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment: Beguile
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Khol Pencil: Bright Blue
- Elizabeth Arden Gel Eyeliner (I reviewed this here)
- Desio Eyes Contacts: Caramel Brown
- Anastasia DipBrow: Medium Brown
- Anastasia Brow Duo Powder: Dark Brown
- Anastasia Concealer: 2.5 (this is for cleaning up under the brow)
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
- Ardell 118 lashes x2 stacked
- Duo Lash Glue
For the face makeup I wanted it to look flawless, glowing and quite seamless. Usually I have a sharp(ish) line under my blush/on my cheek bone but I am starting to tire of that as it looks quite too artificial at times. I’ve been blending in my contour and blush a little more to pull the look together smoothly. Here is what I used for face and lip:
- Mally Perfect Prep Primer (I spoke about it here)
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation: SB10
- BareMinerals BareSkin Foundation: Honey (I mix this and Illamasqua Skin Base)
- Anastasia Concealer: 3.0
- Tarte 12 Hour Clay Blusher: Exposed and Blissful
- Artist of Makeup Contour Stick: Dark
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick: Sandstone
- Anastasia Contour Kit: Fawn (for contour) and Banana (set concealer)
- MAC Lip Pencil: Embrace Me
- MAC Retro Matte Lipstick: Flat Out Fabulous
Wow, it really surprises me when I realise just how much makeup products I sometimes end up using to create looks. The problem is choice, because I have amassed so much makeup now, I tend to use a little bit of everything but really you could use one shadow palette and a handful of products to create a similar result. Maybe I’ll try to create a full on look with about 12 products one of these days. I was going to say 10 products, but it sounds like too small a number!
See below how Safiyah incorporated the colour into her makeup look. I always love Safiyah’s work, she is so good at blending and really creates flawless looks. I love the sparkle and how she added her favourite colour, purple, into the look.
I hope you enjoyed this post, I really love creating makeup look posts but whilst working full time it is hard sometimes to find the time. I will try to take more time out to create looks but I don’t want to make any promises I can’t keep! If there is a makeup look combination you’d like to see just let me know and I will try to create something for you. Speak soon, Tanzina x