Hi my loves, today I want to share with you a red smokey makeup look that I am rather excited about as I really like the way it turned out. Usually I am my own worst critic and am never 100% happy with way I create looks but I am rather happy with this one. My inspiration for this was a red Illamasqua blusher that I really don’t get enough use out of. The blusher is unfortunately discontinued but it is called Panic which is a deep cherry matte powder with high pigmentation. I thought I would use it as a base to warm up smokey brown eye look but my shadow brush took over and created the below result.
Lets start with the eye makeup. Can I just say the below pictures are annoying me so much as there is a stray hair on the left hand side but we’re going to pretend that doesn’t exist and carry on. Back to the makeup, as I said initially I just wanted to create a warm brown smokey look and used the red to add in the warmth however I loved the effect the red shadow caused so kept adding more. This is what I used:
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Panic (this is now discontinued, however try this Illamasqua shadow in Daemon)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills shadows in: Noir, Bengal, Chocolate & Fresh
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Furore
- Avon Super Shock Gel Eyeliner Pencil
- Mally Volumizing Mascara
- Eldora Lashes in H160
I applied Anastasia Fresh (a matte cream) under the brow and then added Chocolate into the crease and outer V. I then added Illamasqua Panic into the crease and lid and really went to work with the blending brush. I added Anastasia Bengal (a warm medium brown with orange undertones) just above the crease as a transition shade between the crease colours and Fresh and just blended away. Then I went in the Avon eyeliner pencil and worked it into my lash line. I blended it out with a mix of Anastasia Chocolate and Noir (a true matte black). I added my favourite highlighter, Illamasqua Furore to the inner corner and added the crease colours to the bottom lash line. To finish up I added mascara and some lashes.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Medium Brown
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
In terms of face makeup, I wanted it to be quite glowy but not the dewy wet look. I also decided to opt for foundation as I wanted to have a very clean base and just concealer wouldn’t do. I also wanted to contour, and for that I used my trusty Artist of Makeup Contour stick and Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation. Find below a list of products I used:
- Artist of Makeup Contour Stick in Dark
- Illamasqua Skin Base in SB6.5 & SB01 to highlight
- Illamasqua Skin Base in SB10 for foundation
- BareMinerals Bare Skin Foundation in Bare Honey to add more yellow to my base
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX08 for concealer
- Illamasqua Panic Powder Blusher
- Anastasia Contour Kit
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Sandstone (currently out of stock at Debenhams, it better come back as it is my favourite highlighter! *in panic mode*)
My lips were kept pretty simple using MAC Brick Lipliner to line the lips and Elizabeth Arden Matte Lipstick in Bold Red to fill in the lips. I just done a review/look at the lipstick so if you would like to read that you can find that post here.
I love the red tones pulled this look together and hope you guys liked it too. I will definitely be braving red eyeshadow a little more now, and not let red shades sit neglected in my makeup stash! I’ve also rediscovered my love for smokey liner looks so will be pairing that with different looks soon. Hope you enjoyed today’s post and I shall speak to you soon. Tanzina x