Hi lovelies, today I have a makeup look post for you. I haven’t done one in a while but I have definitely got my makeup mojo back and have been creating so many makeup looks over the last few weeks. I am hoping to continue and keep making lots more and hopefully show some on the blog too. Today’s makeup look is a Shades of Blue one with a hint of copper, nothing too intricate but I liked how it turned out.
I’ve definitely been trying to push myself out of my comfort zone, play with more colours and techniques and all in all improve my makeup skills. Makeup is all about practise and because I take pictures of my looks I have actual photographic proof that practise really does make skills better. For this look I decided to go for a heavy eye liner, something don’t usually do. Now it isn’t too heavy but it’s a start and I will definitely experiment with a more outrageous liner next time. I also went for nude lips, something that I never opt for! But like I said it is all about pushing your boundaries and seeing what you come up with.
So I have a list of products I used and also pictures of them too so you can see how the products actually look like. Bear in mind I did take pictures during the night time so images were in indoor lighting however if it was daylight, the shades may vary. Let’s start with the eye makeup, I used a lot of Urban Decay eye shadows as in my opinion they definitely are the best shadows and work out very affordable in palette form which I then depot.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- UD Money all over lid, Radium in crease, upper crease and inner corner and outer corner going in a V
- Chaos and Perversion mixture in the crease too deepen it and outer corner.
- MAC Brulee to blend out crease and upper crease to brow bone
- Highlight brow bone with UD Virgin
- Add Pennylane to bottom lash line and Collection Glam Crystal ‘Retro Chic’ on top
- UD 24/7 Glide On Pencil ‘Zero’ in the waterline
- 2True Liquid Eyeliner
- Clinique High Impact mascara and false lashes
- Japonesque Brow Kit
Now on to the base products. Even though I rarely wear foundation I find that when I create makeup looks I prefer the flawless finish so I’ve taken to applying a base. I always apply base after the eye makeup so any fall out can be cleaned up.
Base Products Used:
- Benefit Stay Flawless Primer – you can read my review on this here.
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in ‘Medium 3‘ – this is the first time I’ve used this concealer as I have heard so many great things about it. It’s not as good as my Urban Decay Concealer Pencil but it is still very very good and is a perfect shade match for me if I want lighter under eye finish
- Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow in ‘Toasted Beige’ – I LOVE this.
Now on to the cheek products, this is a new combo I have been trying out really enjoying.
Cheek Products Used:
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in ‘Tease’ – this is a brown with no red undertones and is one of my favourite contour shade. To contour the face correctly it is best not to use a red tone colour as it looks less natural, so that is why I adore this shade for contouring. I wish Urban Decay come out with a big huge bronzer size of this!
- MAC Desert Rose Blush
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Sandstone – I’ve really been enjoying the top two shades of this palette recently as they make the perfect glowly shimmery highlight for the top of the cheekbones
Lip Products Used:
- NYX Lip Pencil in ‘Nude Pink’
- AVON Ultra Glazewear Lip Gloss in ‘Nude Muse’
That is it the whole looks lovelies, I hope you found the list of products and the images useful. I’ve added images above so you can get a clearer look at the makeup look I created. I think I really actually like the glossy nude lips, I’m yet to wear it out but I might just do that soon. Guess pushing your boundaries really does help! I have a lot more makeup looks on my Instagram under @makeupatoz so if you like more details on any look I created just let me know! Also if you have any colour combination you want me to try out, again tweet me, leave a comment anything. Have a lovely day beautiful – Tanzina x